Learn the step-by-step process for creating an Axiom Application
- To create a new Axiom application, launch Axiom from a modern web browser. To connect, enter the IP address of the machine where the Axiom Core is installed. If the Axiom Core is installed locally, enter “localhost”.
- From the Load Application menu, a new application can be built by selecting the “New” button in the lower right-hand corner.
- A New Application window will appear.
- By default, three pre-existing templates, Phone, Tablet, and Desktop, are listed as potential application sizes.
- To create custom application sizes, enter Custom Width and Custom Height values at the bottom of the screen. If you would like to save this layout as a template, click the Plus icon at the top of the page. Name the screen and click OK. The new template will appear in the list.
- The Rotate icon can be used to switch the width and height of the application. This can be useful when designing for either a portrait or landscape layout on a smartphone. Highlight either the template or adjust the Custom Width and Custom Height values as needed. Click the Rotate icon and the width and height will switch.
- Either highlight an existing template or adjust the Custom Width and Custom Height values.
- Click OK to begin the new application.