A step-by-step guide for pushing data to and accessing data from the Canary Cloud.
Step One - Installing the Logger and Sender Service
- Download the installer. If you do not have the installer, request it here.
- Run the installer on the same system as the OPC server.
- On the "Custom Setup Screen" change the Canary Enterprise Historian feature to “This feature will not be available.”
- Complete the installer process.
Step Two - Configuring the Sender for the Cloud
- Open the Canary Admin application.
- Click the tile "Sender".
- On the bottom of the Sender page select "Configuration"
- Select the User radio button and enter the Sender Service credentials you were provided. If you were not provided credentials, request them here.
- Close the Canary Admin program.
Step Three - Configure the Logger for the Cloud
- Open the Canary application, Logger Administrator.
- Click "File" at the top left and choose "New Log Session"
- In the field "Historian Computer" enter "cloud.canarylabs.online".
- In the field "OPC Server" click the ellipsis button to the right and select your OPC server from the list.
- Right Click the dark gray area below and select "Browse OPC Server...".
- In the new window, enter the name of the dataset you were provided in the field below "Name Prefix".
- Browse the Server Nodes below and expand the nodes to select the tags you wish to log from the right column.
- Once you have selected the tags you want to log select OK. All selected tags should now appear in the table.
- Click the green "Apply" button.
- Click "Save" and give your Logger Configuration a name.
- Click the "Start" button to begin logging data.
Step Four - Log Into Axiom
- Open a modern web browser and enter the url- https://cloud.canarylabs.online
- Login with your email address on file and the password that was provided. If a password was not provided, request one here.