To create a DataSet, users will need to:
- Go to the Canary Admin.
- Select the Historian tile.
- Once inside the Historian tile, go to the bottom of the screen and select configuration.
- Users can create new DataSets or scan for DataSets.
To create a new dataset:
- Select NEW… and name the DataSet.
- Choose a path to find the data or browse for paths, then create. (The DataSet is now created but has no tags)
To add tags to your dataset:
- Go to: the Canary Logger.
- Go to: file new log session.
- Now name the log session and select the historian computer (if a user is logging locally they can leave the “Historian Computer” and “Computer” blank, meaning local).
- Now enter a group name and configure the logger using the 7 additional fields. Once that is completed, select an OPC server. The OPC server field has an elliptical and will drop down valid OPC servers.
- Right click on the grey portion of the screen and go to browse OPC server… Make sure to select the name prefix previously created in the Canary Admin Historian tile.
- Select the tags to add to the DataSet. Hit apply, This will start trending data to the DataSet.