Some users may experience connection loss to Axiom if the network is configured to let another device listen in on the same port as Axiom's default port. The following error message will occur:
In this case the user will have to reconfigure Axiom to listen to another port.
Configure Axiom for another port:
- Launch the application Canary Admin.
- Click on the Axiom tile.
- Click "Configuration" at the bottom of the page.
- Select "Endpoints" from the left menu.
- Change the Web Server Port.
- Windows 7 or Windows 2008 installations will also need to fill in Web Socket Port and it must be different from the port number used for the web server.
- If the ports are not open they will need opened on the firewall.
- Once port has been changed, it will need to be referenced in the browser address when logging into Axiom (ie https://axiommachinename:88)
Opening ports on the firewall:
- Search Windows for the term "firewall control panel.
- Click advanced settings.
- Find inbound rules and make a new rule.
- Specify the ports to open. It may be necessary to list the web socket port.