Canary licenses and data can be transferred to new servers as needed. We try to make this process as simple as possible. This is the process for the newer Canary versions:
- Install all Canary products on new machine.
- Open Canary Admin and select the license tile on the old machine.
- On the old machine go to the Configuration tab in the License tile and Check the box next to "Enable License Server"
- (On the new machine) Select the transfer tab at the bottom left of the page.
- Input the "old" machine name in the box labeled "Server"
- Select the Licences one at a time from the Server. Once selected, an arrow will appear pointing to the "new" local machine.
- Next, go to the new machine and input the "old" machine name in the server field.
- It should now be possible to pull the licenses from the server to the actual machine.
- Once you have Transferred all your licenses, you can decommission the "old" machine.
You can check that the licenses were transferred by selecting "Licenses" at the bottom of the License tile on the new machine.
Data Migration (Default install)
- When moving Historian Data Sets the location is > This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Historian Data
- Axiom charts and applications are in the > This PC > Local Disk (C:) > ProgramData >Axiom >
- The user will also want to migrate any .lcf files which are saved at user specified locations.
- Copy all these files on the "new" machine.
- Some fine tuning maybe required such as pointing files to the new server to get them to load correctly.
- If user is Installing collectors they may need additional files.
If user run into any issues or need assistance with the process contact support.canarylabs.com or give us a call at (814) 793-3770.