*Note: Starting with v20.2, licenses cannot be transferred from one Canary server to another. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to transfer a license.
Canary licenses (prior to v20.2) and data can be transferred to new servers as needed.
- Install all Canary products on new machine.
- Open Canary Admin and select the license tile on the old machine.
- On the old machine go to the Configuration tab in the License tile and Check the box next to "Enable License Server"
- (On the new machine) Select the transfer tab at the bottom left of the page.
- Input the "old" machine name in the box labeled "Server"
- Select the Licences one at a time from the Server. Once selected, an arrow will appear pointing to the "new" local machine.
- Next, go to the new machine and input the "old" machine name in the server field.
- It should now be possible to pull the licenses from the server to the actual machine.
- Once you have Transferred all your licenses, you can decommission the "old" machine.
You can check that the licenses were transferred by selecting "Licenses" at the bottom of the License tile on the new machine.
Data Migration (Default install)
- Historian Data is located in C:\Historian Data.
- Axiom charts and applications are located in C:\ProgramData\Axiom
- The user will also want to migrate any .lcf files which are saved at user specified locations.
- Copy all these files on the "new" machine.
- Axiom charts/applications may need updated with the new machine name. Lcf files may also need updated with new configuration.
- If user is Installing collectors they may need additional files.
Contact support.canarylabs.com or give us a call at (814) 793-3770 if you need assistance in this matter.