HDB2 files can be transferred from one Historian to another without loss of data by following these steps:
- Stop the services on both Historians. This will create a buffer in the sender while the files are being transfered.
- Locate the HDB2 files. If the install was default, they would be located on the C: drive under Historian Data "data set name".
- Select the date range for the files to be transferred and copy and paste them into Historian.
Bandwidth may constrain the data causing the process to take a long amount of time depending on file size.
- After the files have been transferred, they may need cut and trimmed to match up the time so there is no overlap. This can be done by validating the first and last file. To validate a file, click on the daily file, then the down arrow on the left side of the snapshot below.
- After this has been completed, start the Historian services back up. This should flush out the sender buffer and complete the transfer.
If at anytime you run into issues or would like help with the process please contact email@example.com for assistance.