This functionality has just been released in version 19.1.1. To accomplish this, users must consume a tag for each instance. This will be set up through the calculation server.
- The first step to setting up the calculated tag is to go into the calculation tile in the Canary Admin.
- At the top right of the page is a button to add calculations. Users can also edit preexisting calculations and add a calculation through an existing name.
- After the naming of the calculation has been completed, clicking the small plus sign will add the calculation aggregate. This example has been set to pull data in a ten minute time average every 3 seconds and out put the value in a dataset called Calc Tags. The name of the tag is TA2. As a best practice all calculated tags should be placed the same dataset.
- Once this calculation has been evaluated, it is ready to be applied. This button can be found in the upper right hand corner.
- Press the close button also found in the upper right hand corner.
- Now simply press the play button beside the edit pencil. The calculation should begin to evaluate. In the example listed it has been chosen to backfill a days worth of data. The calculation will only run calculations moving forward from the time the calculation is created unless the backill option is chosen.
- By adding the calculated tag(grey tag), to a chart with a 10 min interval time average tag(orange tag) the difference in data is evident. Users are able to use this detailed information to make better decisions when evaluating their processes.