A module has been developed that will allow the Canary Historian to provide historical data to Ignition projects. The module is free and can be obtained here:
Once the module is downloaded, follow these steps for configuration:
- Open Ignition Gateway > Config > Canary Labs > Connectors
- By default ‘CanaryProvider’ has already been created. Click ‘edit’
- If the Canary Historian is local to the Ignition Gateway, leave ‘Hostname’ set to the default ‘localhost’. If not, update with the correct machine name. Leave ‘Username’ and the ‘Password’ fields blank. Click ‘Save Changes’.
As a best practice we recommend installing Ignition on a different machine then the Canary Historian.
- Open Canary Admin > Views > Configuration > Endpoints and verify that ‘Http – Anonymous (Web API) is checked and is set to port 55235. Click ‘Access’ from the left menu and ensure ‘ANONYMOUS LOGON’ has been added the the ‘Allow’ group.
- The Canary Historian you designated will now be available in Ignition 8 Vision projects as a Tag History Provider.