Starting with v20.2.0, the user has the option of choosing where Canary's program data will be stored upon the initial install of the software.
If, however, at a later time the user desires to change this location, the following steps must be taken:
1. Stop ALL Canary services. Open the Canary Admin>Services tile and click "Stop All". This will stop all services except the admin service itself. To stop the admin service, open Windows Services and search for Canary Administrator.
2. Open the Registry Editor.
3. Modify the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CanaryLabs\CanaryBasePath string. The user will set this string to the new path of where the program data will be stored (Ex: C:\CanaryProgramData).
4. Modify the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Canary Labs\Historian\INI Path string. This string will need to contain the new program data destination folder + \Historian\Historian.ini (Ex: C:\CanaryProgramData\Historian\Historian.ini).
5. Open File Explorer and move the existing Canary program data folder to the new directory specified in the CanaryBasePath string in Step 3.
6. If Axiom is installed, open the %Program Files%\Canary\Axiom\AxiomService.exe.admin file and verify/modify the <basepath> parameter to the location you want to store the Axiom charts and applications. (Ex: C:\CanaryProgramData\Axiom)
*Axiom users will need read/write permission to this new Axiom basepath.
7. If any Virtual Views have been created prior to moving the program data folder, the user will need to modify the ModelPlugin.config file which will be located in the new program data directory. (Ex: C:\CanaryProgramData\Historian Web Service\PlugIns\ModelPlugin.config)
The user will need to update the path for each Virtual View.
8. Open Windows Services and start the Canary Administrator.
9. Open the Canary Admin>Services tile and click "Start All".